So here we are, at the end of the ride. And like on a roller coaster, it’s been fun, I’ve wished myself out of it while I was on board, and now that I am approaching the end station I wish it could go on some more 🙂
Here’s the final meme:
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
Around hour 15 we both gave in to a power nap…
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
No titles, no, but with longer book(s) I found it worked better — I know I go against the tide here
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Better mini-challenges — that’s the only side of the ‘thon that left me wanting: many were US-only, other were US-centered and/or not interesting, and several were not posted on time.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Organisators did a great job!
- How many books did you read?
Me: 1 full, 1 finished and 1 started (grand total of 532 pages)
Husband: 3 full, 1 almost (grand total of 554 pages plus a graphic novel with no page numbers)
- What were the names of the books you read?
Me: The Earth: An Intimate History, Novecento, A Storm of Swords
Husband: Starship Troopers, Fables 7 – Arabian Nights (And Days), The Master of Go, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol. 2
- Which book did you enjoy most?
Me: Not sure really. One has still so many pages to go…
Husband: Starship Troopers. Also the graphic novels, but he had higher expectations on them
- Which did you enjoy least?
Me: Earth, an Intimate History
Husband: The master of Go
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Just one: don’t wait too long before you start cheerleading. I kept it for the last read-a-thon hours, thinking that there may be less cheerleaders around at that time, but by that time there were very few readers as well!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
We’ll be back for sure, reading. I don’t know about cheerleading, though, well see.
Sorry I don’t have the wits about me to share other stats and thoughts… I hope you all had a great time, and see you at the next ‘thon!
(Now I’m off to shower, lunch, sleep, church, in that order. And maybe some more reading…)